My weekend was nothing short of fabulous!! I got to see my guy, hang out with some members of my future family, see my best friend. It was great!!
It all started Thursday when we left for Wichita. That day, we basically just hung around, went out to eat with Mark and Matt, Allen's two brothers, and Lucy, Matt's fiancee. It was great! Lucy and I went to Target and looked around for a little while, just getting to know each other, while the boys had guy time. Then, we watched some movies, played games, and just relaxed and got ready for the next day. On Friday, we went hiking!! I have so many pictures that I will post later. As I said before, I am horrible at uploading pictures from my camera! That day I also woke up to "breakfast" in bed! It was amazing. :) Allen said that Mark had nothing in his apartment (we were at Mark's house), so he went to Starbucks and got me a caramel macchiato (one of my favorite drinks!) and a blueberry muffin and served it to me on this dollar platter that I had picked up with Lucy the day before at Target (it was too cute). I took pictures because he also had the little chick salt and pepper shakers that we had also gotten in the dollar aisle, and a rose he had gotten for me. :) I will be sure to post that pic later, as well. On Saturday, we hung out around town, ate lunch, and then headed to Kansas City. We weren't supposed to go until Monday for my doctor's appointment, but we found out that Allen had to go and take care of paperwork because of technical issues for his upcoming training program, so we called my doctor and made arrangements to meet with him to get my medications refilled. He's awesome at accommodations. :) Plus, the boys were going to have a bachelor party for Matt (who is getting married so soon!), so Power and Light district was obviously the best place!!! Lucy and I left them at P&L (where they got a hotel because they are party animals ha) and then went to hang out with my best friend and her friends that were in town. It was great. We picked them up the next day on our way out of town (Liz lives in the northern part of KC so it is a little drive). Then, we drove back, ate dinner on the way, and then Allen and I headed to the cabin. I dropped him off there, and then he headed to Tulsa so he could meet with his recruiting officer to finish the paperwork. :/ I am hoping he will get to come spend a couple days with me later this week!!
That's basically my weekend! Sorry no pictures yet! I will post them later on. I am also going to try and post pictures from the last year or so that describe what has been happening. If you haven't yet, I just added a to-do list (or to-read list) of books that I want to read this year on the right hand side of my blog. Let me know if you have any more suggestions!! I am currently reading like 4 books, and I should really just do one at a time, but I made a commitment when I started school at MSU that I would try to decrease my stress level by reading before bed or at least 5 times a week (M-F at least!). It has worked great, and I love it. Also, I am trying to start taking at least 3 unique pictures a week to try and recap my weeks, so I can look back later and remember. :) Hope you enjoy them! I will work on getting them up soon and putting up pictures quicker!
Hope you had a great Monday!
Take care,
-Gennie
I am glad you had a great weekend! Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDelete