Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 4! Day 5! Day 6!

So... I'm back! Back from Wichita, and back to the real world. Ugh. But it's all good. Unfortunately, I thought Allen would be with me for a couple more days, but it turns out that some of his paperwork for the AF training program did not clear (technical errors), and he had to go and take care of it in Tulsa. So, it's just me, but he should be back tomorrow hopefully! Crossing fingers. :)


Anyway, since I didn't post on days 4, 5, and today's 6 of the blog challenge, I thought I would them all together. Later I will recap the weekend and probably post on another topic. Hope you don't get tired of reading!!


Day 4: Your parents


My parents are probably the two best people in this world. At least I think so! We definitely have our differences, but they have always been there for me. They're caring, understanding, motivating, loving, etc. 


My dad's name is Thomas. He was born in Winona, Minnesota, and moved to Springfield, IL, with his family a few years after he was born. He is one of 6 children, two boys and four girls. After going to high school, he went on to Illinois College where he played football. Then, he transferred to UMR in Rolla, MO, to finish his education. He is a Civil Engineer. His current job title, and has been for over 20 years, is Missouri Department of Transportation District 9 Engineer. He is always on the road and works harder than anyone I know. He is a huge fan of football, specifically the Minnesota Vikings. We try to go and see a game whenever we can, and we never miss a game on tv! He's the one who inspired my love of sports, math, science, action movies, and more. He is a great man and the best dad a girl could ask for. :)


My mom's name is Arleen. She was born in a little town near Jefferson City, MO, and grew up there the rest of her life until marrying and then moving with my dad. She was one of five children, one boy and four girls. Her mom passed away when she was 19 years old, so life wasn't exactly easy for her. She also has struggled with health, which makes life even more difficult, but she's made it through and raised four children, three that have had health issues that she has had to be there through. My mom is a registered nurse and has worked at many hospitals between moving around with my dad. After having back surgery and nursing becoming too difficult, she started working as a Patient Account's Representative. Yes, I know, she's a woman of many talents!! She is the one who inspired my love of medicine, specifically, and we are alike in many ways. She's amazing, and I don't know what I would do without her. :)


My dad, Tom, and my mom, Arleen, this past Christmas.


Day 5: A song to match your mood 


A song to match my mood today would be... 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ealOvalS35A


Manic Monday by the Bangles


Since this post was supposed to be for yesterday, I will post a song that matched my mood yesterday. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22zB6Soc2Gk


Stronger by Sara Evans - I had been stressed lately and even though this song talks about getting over someone, I just like it because it reminds me that I have made it through a lot and am happy with how things are now and much stronger and better for it. :)




Day 6: A picture of something that makes you happy




I couldn't choose! I love shape collage, and so I made a collage with some pictures that make me happy. Allen makes me happy. My best friends make me happy. The picture of the frame from our engagement makes me happy. My family makes me happy. The little things like the flowers in the background that Allen got me a while ago make me happy to show his love. There are so many things that make me happy, and I am so happy with life!!


Thanks for reading!! More on my weekend and another topic later! :)


Take care,
-Gennie

No comments:

Post a Comment