So, last weekend, I worked on Friday with three games. My family was in town Friday evening, so after I was done with work, I headed over to their hotel. My brother had a State Math Competition on Saturday. He competed in two events!! I am so proud of him. I stayed with my family at the hotel on Friday night, and then I woke up early to go umpire three games on Saturday morning. I don't usually work on Saturday, mostly Fridays right now, but they were making up games because of all this rain! It's been ridiculous!!
Saturday, after work, I went out to eat with my family. I wasn't feeling the best and was really down from not hearing from Allen, feeling awful, and school being hard, so my family and I came back to the apartment and just talked for a while. Then, I got into the car, again, haha, and headed to Kansas City. I had stuff to do at KU Med for the weekend. I got accepted to medical school there through one of my doctor's urging to apply and submit my application, but because this next year, I am getting married, wanting to finish my Master's Degree in Cell and Molecular Biology (my thesis is a pain but I want to finish it!!), and I have been having health issues and want to take care of a possibly impending surgery before going on. So, I went up there and deferred my acceptance. Saturday night my alma mater held a free concert featuring Travis McCoy and SEAN KINGSTON!! It was awesome! I stayed with my best friend and her fiance who is now back. :)
On Sunday, we just hung out. We went to lunch with Travis' (Liz's fiance) boss at the police dept and just talked. Then, we ate dinner and went to see "Fast Five." It was a GREAT movie. Everything that I hoped it would be! Monday, we ran some errands, "shopped" without buying anything, and rented like three movies. We watched all of them! Haha, well, actually Liz and I watched all of them. Travis fell asleep early... so we sent him to bed and stayed up and watched the rest. I got to stay until Tuesday because of how my class schedule is right now and just traded a clinical shift for later in the week, so I left Tuesday after meeting Liz and Travis for lunch. :)
Pictures from last weekend:
| All of the girls from our house senior year! |
| Liz and I |
| Liz and Travis - aren't they cute together?? |
| Sean Kingston!! |
| Liz and I at Chick Fil A before I left to head back to Springfield! |
This weekend was fun, too! Friday was Dead Day at school, and while MOST people were actually enjoying their dead day, I was studying and embracing the full meaning of "study day." Lol, or at least that is what my advisor joked as she passed me and my friend in the hallway. We met at about 10 am, and we worked the entire day until 8-8:30 at night. We did take two breaks: one to go get lunch at Celito Lindo, an amazing Mexican restaurant here in Springfield and another to go pick up a pizza from Mudducks, which is a small pizza place right across the street from our health building at MSU. It was actually really nice studying with my friend, Heather. We made the most of it, and we got a LOT done!!
When I got back to the apartment, I went with my brother's friend to go pick up supplies for s'mores because they had decided that they were going to grill out. I had already had dinner, but s'mores sounded delicious, and they definitely were!
Saturday was a big and exciting day for me! I picked up Allen's and my new kitten from one of my best friend's homes back where we grew up, in West Plains (or Tecumseh where she is from). I went with one of my friends from here that I have also known forever, and she ended up getting a kitten, too. They are soooooo cute!! My kitten is named Micky, and he is about 2 months old. He has an "M" on his forehead, or at least it looks that way with the stripes he has! He's sooooo cute!!!! He's playful, and he cuddles, which is what I was hoping for now that Allen has left. He seemed really scared when we were talking after I started holding him, and so did Kahlia's kitten, but the ride home to Springfield wasn't bad at all. The brother and sister (Kahlia's kitten is a girl) slept and huddled together the whole trip, except when I took Micky on my lap, and he just laid there, too. When I got home, we played for a while, and then I went to bed, and he came and laid with me and stayed there the whole night.
This morning, he was ready to play around 6:45, and I figured he was hungry, so I got up pretty early but then went back to bed and just let him play. I haven't been feeling well today, but my brother, Ryan, definitely loves Micky and loves to play with him, so he's been playing all day. I'm in love!!! He's so the perfect mood-lifter, and everytime I look at him, I smile and am so happy. :) It's perfect!!
Well, I better get some studying done. I have a few things to do this week before I leave besides turning in my final assignments and taking two finals. I have a couple appointments with professors to ask some final questions and a study day again with Heather. I also have to go and look at the apartment that we are considering, as well as a duplex we're looking at for next year, which is exciting!! And, I am making cupcakes or a cake for a friend of mine that had a birthday and sending out birthday presents to one of my best friends that is turning 23 this week! Happy Birthday, Kyrie!!! I love you!!
After Tuesday evening's final, I am leaving to go home for a couple of days before I have to be in the Tulsa area to baby-sit for two of my future in-laws, Shelby and Ashley! They are Allen's sisters, and I am excited to spend time with them! My future mother and father-in-laws are heading to an appointment with a specialist in Texas, so I've got at least 3-4 days with them before I have to be back... hopefully for work! I am still waiting to hear if I have any games to umpire this week, but hopefully I will have plenty this summer while I am here going to school!
I will keep you updated as to how much fun next weekend is, but for now, hope everyone is having a blessed and splendid Mother's Day! Thank you to all of the mothers out there, especially mine! I don't know how you do everything, and do it so well, but I am thankful to my mother, my future mother-in-law, and everyone for all of your love, dedication, and more! And to all those studying for finals and the end of the year, good luck!!
Take care!!
~Gennie
Micky is precious! Glad that you are enjoying him and can't wait to meet him! Good luck on finals!
ReplyDelete