Sorry it has been a while since my last post. But.... one word describes how I am mostly feeling right now.... happiness!! This is because :
-Finals are OVER!!
-I passed my comprehensive grad exam!!!
-I am soooo much closer to my trip to see my amazing fiance in South Carolina, but still waiting on dates and times because our communication has been reallllyyy limited with him in Japan and his troop working so hard!
-I think I will be taking classes this summer and getting that much closer to being done with my masters!!
-I am moving into a LOVELY apartment in mid-July, and I am stocked!
-There are TONS of free country concert every Thursday evening in KC at the Power and Light District, including.... are you ready???: The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Jimmy Wayne, Chris Young, Jerrod Nieman. :) If you are in the KC districct on Thursday evenings in June, July, August, you should come!! Just need to be 21 and over! With my clinicals being in KC and of course my best friend, I will be attending as many of those as possible because they are AMAZING artists!!!
-I will hopefully be getting many more games (softball or baseball) to umpire this summer!!
-Next week, I am going to actually start buckling down and do some wedding planning, which is soooo exciting!!! In a few weeks, I am going to look for my dress!!
-My best friend is getting married (actually 2 of my 3 absolute best friends are getting married), but Teagan is getting married in October, and I get to go with her to look for her wedding dress in just over a week! And a good friend of mine and I are hosting a bridal shower for her! So much fun!
-I am mid-planning an awesome engagement party/welcome back Travis party/sooo happy for both of them/Liz's birthday party in late June or July (based on trav's work schedule), and I am more than ecstatic to be doing whatever I can for my amazing best friend who has done so much for me! Thank you so much, Liz!!
-My other best friend who I have mentioned before just graduated from college, and I just finished her congrats on graduating/birthday package and am mailing it tomorrow. Love you so much, Kyrie!!
-My swap package for SummerMustHaves Swap was sent out today!!!! So excited to receive mine, but I am more excited for LeeAnn, my swap partner, to receive mine and post about it! Hope she loves it!!
So, basically, life is good. :)
Well.... I am a little worried right now, but I am really trying to focus on the good. I had some issues with grades and health issues, so that affected my grades, and since I am only taking a limited number of classes and they're grad classes, my program is really strict on them. So I have to appeal a couple of grades because of professors not working with health circumstances, but until then, I'm nervous about my future in the program. Please pray for me! I am a good student, but with the health issues and the already tough program, it's just sometimes hard. I just appreciate all of your kind thoughts and prayers!!!!
Finally, congratulations to all of those that have graduated, including some blog friends!!! Special congrats again to Lynsie for graduating Law School! Such an inspiration to keep on continuing on with my education.
Hope you are all enjoying a little bit of summer at least!!
For some pictures, here's a sneak peak of life in the last couple of weeks:
| My wonderful little brother, Chris, and I when I visited home. :) My new kitten, Mickey, was crawling all over him like crazy! |
| The birthday cupcakes I made for my good friend, Linds, for her birthday!! |
| My beautiful friend, Teagan, and I together when I went to visit her at home. :) She's getting married in October!!!!! |
| My gorgeous sister and I while I was at home! |
Have a great Tuesday! :)
Take care,
-Gennie
No comments:
Post a Comment