Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Weekend is Approaching!

So this week has been a little unusual in the fact that I am not in class too much, but it has still definitely been crazy!! After my weekend with Liz in Springfield, she left Monday, and I had a seminar to attend for class and then clinicals. Tuesday, I tried to catch up on homework (failed.... haha) and then went to class and headed out for KC to stay overnight. Wednesday, I drove the rest of the way to Des Moines and then presented in Des Moines, Iowa, at a research conference. It was soooo nervewracking, and I wasn't supposed to present until 4, but they switched the times, and I ended up presenting at 2. It happened to be a blessing in disguise because once I was done (and it actually went ok!!), I was not nervous anymore and could enjoy the rest of the conference. Today, I'm just hanging out with my best friend because I drove back to KC this morning and later I am going to do an overnight clinical at KU Med, which satisfied one of my non-local clinicals, at a hospital I LOVE!!!!! I also get to do a volunteer shift at my old hospital, Children's Mercy in KC, which I love!! :) Oh and Happy Holy Thursday!

Tomorrow is a special day. Not only is tomorrow Good Friday, which I am so excited and thankful about, tomorrow is the day my best friend's fiance, Travis, and one of my good friends, too, returns home from over a year deployment! Yay!!!! After I get off of my shift, I am going to come back to Liz and Travis' apartment and help Liz get ready to go pick him up. Then, I plan on decorating the house with welcome home decorations! As I always say (sorry), I will post them later!

This weekend is Easter!! I am soooo excited for a weekend with my family! I really wish Allen could celebrate with us, but I am really proud of him for what he is doing and being committed to the military, like so many others. Unfortunately, all of my professors think Easter is a time to catch up with homework, and I have two exams on Tuesday and a solo 15 min presentation on Thursday. Ugh.... but it will be fine, and then next weekend, I get to go back to KC for an interview/meeting at KU Med and a Sean Kingston concert at my alma-mater, Rockhurst!!!! :) yay love times with friends!!

Anyway, that's what's going on in my world. I have been so bad at trying to post my thoughts on things. I just post what is happening. I am going to try to do a post on the meal challenge that I made with Allen (40 meals, 10 desserts before August 30--no full meal or dessert repeated and picture of each) because I have been making progress and am excited about my upcoming meals/desserts!! It's been an amazing stress-reliever!! :)

Thanks for reading! Have a happy Easter week and weekend!

Take care,
Gennie

No comments:

Post a Comment